top of page
Events & Activities
- CancelledND Heritage Center & State MuseumHello all, We hope you are all staying safe and healthy during this uncertain time. Due to the concerns regarding the transmission of COVID-19, the NDAA officers have decided it best to cancel the annual spring meeting. Please contact us with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sat, Apr 30BismarckWe’re excited to announce the upcoming NDAA Annual Spring Meeting will take place on Saturday, April 30th, 2022 at the North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum in Bismarck, North Dakota using a hybrid online/in-person format. #NDarchaeologicalassociation2022
- Sat, May 01BismarckAs we were unable to gather for the 2020 annual meeting, we’re excited to announce the upcoming NDAA Annual Spring Meeting will take place on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at the North Dakota Heritage Center & State Museum in Bismarck, North Dakota using a hybrid online/in-person format.
- Sat, Oct 26ND Heritage Center & State MuseumHave you ever wanted to try using a stone tool? Do you like carving pumpkins? Are you 12 years of age or older? If you answered yes to these questions, then this event is for you!
- Sat, Sep 14Trapper's KettleTour a U.S. Forest Service bison run site with archaeologist Troy Price, gather in Medora for a remote presentation by Dr. Christopher Roos (Southern Methodist University) on Prairie Fires and Bison Hunting, and tour historic homestead sites with National Park Service archaeologist Jay Sturdevant.
- Tue, Jul 30Knife River Indian VillagesNDAA tour of excavation work by PaleoCultural Research Group (PCRG) at Awatixa (Sakakawea) Village. Join NDAA member and PCRG Research Director Dr. Mark Mitchell for a guided tour of archaeology work in process.
- Sat, May 18ND Heritage Center & State MuseumArchaeologist Mike Fosha will present on archaeology and volunteerism in South Dakota, Dr. Barbara Handy-Marchello will speak about the new Traces book, and Dr. Brenda Todd will present on Chimney Rock Great House and Chaco Canyon. Also, don't miss the book auction and annual business meeting!
bottom of page